Monday 14 November 2011

Benefit Cosmetics

I LOVE Benefit cosmetics! What can i say? The products are fantastic, the packaging is fun and attractive and the prices are affordable (if you order from the online store).

I was SO happy to see the box last night and here's what I bought:

I got to choose 2 free samples too!!!

Anyway, here's the contents of the box:
they're real! mascara
I haven't tried this but I have read a lot of good reviews about it especially when it first came out. Benefit was promoting it like crazy and it sold out so quick! I can't use big mascara brushes because my eyes aren't that big but this brush seems ok and the tip is meant to work those tiny eyelashes where it's hard to reach.


full-finish lipstick in mod squad (shell pink)
So the colour above is what I ordered. It looks like a nude pink right? The colour looks really soft and pretty but guess what it actually looks like?




It's purple!!! Well a light violet kind of purple but still purple! I tried it on and it looks sheer and you can really tell that the colour is purple :( I'm really disappointed with this because the colour swatch on the website should be relatively close to the actual colour.


high beam
This is my favourite highlighter! I got a smaller version of this in a beauty kit I got from Benefit last year and I use it daily to highlight the bridge of my nose and brow bones and it's still not finished. There's heaps in this full size one but the period after opening is only 6 months :( I know i'm not going to be able to finish it in 6 months but we'll see. It's a really nice and soft pearly pink colour that isn't sparkly but gives off a nice glow. Do be careful not to use too much in one spot though.

the POREfessional
One word to describe this - STAPLE. It is an essential staple for me. This is my second tube and i'm still loving it. I only use a tiny amount on my cheeks because i have big pores and it is fabulous!!! It really does visibly reduce the appearance of pores because it kind of creates a veil over the pores. It's really smooth and easy to blend so i just use my finger tips. It can be worn alone without makeup if you want a natural look.

Until next time...

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment