Thursday 8 September 2011

Review - Favourite Foundation: Revlon Colorstay

Hi everyone ^_^

So to start off my first official blog post, I thought I'd do a quick run through of my current favourite makeup items which I will post in a series of 'favourite' items

First of all we have the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Sand Beige.





Before I start on this foundation, let me give you a little bit of an analysis of my face. My skin isn't perfect and most people's aren't but that's ok. I used to get lots of pimples when I was in high school and although I don't get them as often now, they have left their mark! The biggest issue I have is that my pores are now huge. Ok probably not THAT huge but still quite big. Also, my skin is a little on the dry side and because of that, I produce excess sebum throughout the day so I have to continually blot my face.
Left: Light medium
Middle: Sand beige
Right: Nude

Ok now that you know the life story of my face, let's get back to the foundation. As an asian, I find it really really hard to find the 'perfect' shade but I'm using sand beige which is the closest to my skin tone and it has a yellow undertone as well. I did previously use light medium but that has a pink undertone which stood out too much and I'd look peachy. You can't really see it in the photo but theres not much difference between the light medium and nude shades. They both have a pink undertone so I would advise against buying those shades if you have a yellow undertone.

Here's what the website says:

  • oil-free, shine control formula
  • now with patented SoftFlex for lightweight comfort
  • patented "won't rub off" technology
I agree with all three points. Firstly, the amount of times I blot my face during the day has dropped to about 2-3 times whereas with other foundations, I would be blotting every 2 hours or so. Secondly, it really does feel comfortable when you put it on and if you don't build it up, it does feel like you're not wearing anything at all. 


The only thing i don't like about this is that it doesn't come as a pump bottle so you have to keep tipping the foundation out which can be a bit messy.

after a long day at work it still looks great!

The best thing about this foundation that I absolutely LOVE is that it doesn't "rub" off. With every single foundation that I have tried (I've tried many), I would see the colour of the foundation on the tissue or blotting paper when I blot my face and then by the end of the day, I'm basically not wearing any foundation anymore but this, this is different and I've only used it for about 3 months but I know I will keep using it because it's just that good.

Stay tuned for my next favourites post ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment