Friday 20 January 2012

Nail Tutorial - Midnight Stars

Hey ^_^

I like simple nail designs when I paint my own nails because they're quick and easy to do. So today I've created a really simple nail tutorial and I've named it Midnight Stars. It's basically black with the tip of your nails being a silver glittery colour. Kind of like a strip of stars against a black sky. The silver also softens the black so that it doesn't look so emo.

Watch it here on YouTube:


Or read below for instructions:

What you need
Items used:
Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish in 800 Black Out
Chi Chi Salon Finish nail polish in Disco Diva
Maybelline Express Finish top/base coat
Manicare French Tip Tapes (optional)

Instructions:
Step 1 - Paint a clear base coat to protect your nails
Step 2 - Paint a coat of black nail polish on your nails
Step 3 (optional) - Place the french tip tapes on each nail and pinch in on the sides. You can make your nail tip as small or as big as you like.
Step 4 - Paint your nail tips with the silver glitter nail polish. (I used the tip tapes on one hand but I didn't really like the result so I just went freestyle on the other hand and it turned out fine)
Step 5 - Paint a clear top coat on for shine and longer lasting nail colour.

I hope you guys enjoyed this nail tutorial and it's nothing fancy as it's my first one but I'd like to do more in the future. Don't forget you guys can send me requests for videos, products you'd like me to review or even articles you'd like me to write.

At the moment I have a section on my YouTube channel where I'm taking suggestions from my viewers/readers on what concealer you would like me to try or review because my Maybelline concealer is running out and I'd like to get a new one.

Anyway goodnight for now ^_^

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment