Sunday 1 January 2012

Lookbook: NYE Outfit for less than $120

Hi ^_^

Happy new year everyone and I hope you guys had an awesome NYE because I did!

It's so wierd saying 2012 so definitely need to get used to that and this is my first Lookbook post for 2012. I know I haven't posted anything in my Lookbook section since I wrote the post that I was going to...and I meant for it to be a big part of my blog so I promise I'll spend more time on it this year (even wierder saying "this year").

Ok so I wanted to show you guys what I wore for new year's eve yesterday and the look isn't so glamorous that you can't wear it for other occasions.



This look is smart, cute & sophisticated which means you can basically wear it for any occasion. For example, to work or to a party or even a lunch/dinner date with the girls or boy *wink*.

Hair

I made my hair into a bow for this look and I can tell you it took me like 40 minutes to get it right >.< Usually it wouldn't take so long but because my hair is quite layered, when i tie it into a ponytail, the shorter layers just stick out everywhere but thanks to my hairspray it actually stayed in place all night which was fantastic. The hairspray I used was Tresemme Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray.

I did get asked all night if it was my real hair and yes it is my real hair hahaha but it was nice to hear so many compliments ^_^

Of course if you decide to create this look, you don't need to make your hair into a bow like me. The look will be just as nice with curled hair or a sleek ponytail.

Outfit
Originally I was going to wear a dress but then I didn't feel like wearing a dress so I had to find an outfit at the last minute which I swear I'll never do again because it was stressful I tell ya.

Anyway, 3 out of the 4 items are from Forever New but I bought everything on sale. Seriously, you can't go wrong with their stuff. Ok so the top is a sheer pink blouse with little white polka dots and it was on sale for $34.95. The black shorts have a bow at the front which is really cute and it was also on sale. I love the necklace because it has pearls and a lace type collar behind the diamantes and it looks absolutely gorgeous. The shoes were from Glint and you've probably seen them before in my December Haul video on Youtube. They were SO comfortable and my feet didn't hurt at all the whole night!

You can swap any of the items for other pieces that you like and I would love to hear from you if you decide to try this look out.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and i'll be doing more in the future ^_^

Goodnight

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment