Sunday 26 February 2012

Atrium Resort Hotel Mandurah Review

Hi ^_^

This post is about 2 months overdue but better late than never right?

So you may or may not know that I went on a short weekend getaway with my boyfriend in early January. We went to Mandurah which is a city an hour south of Perth and we stayed at the Atrium Resort Hotel which I am going to be reviewing now.

The reason we stayed there was because I bought a voucher from Cudo for $149 for 2 nights stay. The voucher also included a $50 voucher to use at their Pontoon restaurant. We arrived at about 11am and check-in is usually at 2pm but because our room was ready, they let us check-in early.

Room
We stayed in a Deluxe Studio room on the 4th floor which I read had been refurbished. Our room contained a small kitchen area, a bathroom, bed, dining table, flat screen tv and air con.

The bed was really comfortable and comparable to say a 3.5 star hotel bed.


The bathroom was a bit disappointing though. It was really clean but just really small. As a girl, I need space to put my makeup, beauty and hair stuff but there just wasn't room at all. The space next to the sink only had room for toiletries so I had to put my beauty items on the dining table outside.

You have to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste because the bathroom only has shampoo, conditioner and shower cap. There are also no robes or slippers.

Facilities
I loved the facilities that the Atrium had to offer. Most notably the indoor heated pool and spa, sauna and outside tennis court.

Atrium Resort Hotel Mandurah - Indoor pool & spa
The heated indoor pool was divine for someone like me who doesn't like freezing cold pool water. The indoor pool and spa are located on the ground floor in the middle of the hotel. I think this is great for families with kids because you can always keep an eye on them but it can be a bit noisy at times so if you're looking for peace and quiet, it might be best to go to the outdoor pool or sauna.

The rackets and tennis balls are provided by the hotel but the tennis court is only half court so it can take a bit of getting use to if you normally play in a full court.

Dining
There is one restaurant located in the hotel called Pontoons and there are a few snack and drinks vending machines on the ground floor.

So we had a $50 voucher to use on food and drinks at the restaurant which we did on the first night (Friday). It was a buffet that night for about $26/adult. There were fried spring rolls, samosas etc as well as a roast, cold salad, tomato soup and desserts. I thought $26 was ok for what was provided.

Atrium Resort Hotel Mandurah - Pontoon buffet, first night

The next morning we had a buffet breakfast as Pontoons for $22/adult. There were eggs (the first batch was burnt), tomato, bacon, croissonts, toast, yoghurt, canned fruit, cereal and tea and coffee. I was quite disappointed that there weren't any fresh fruit and I don't think canned fruit should be served in a hotel breakfast buffet.

Saturday night we had buffet dinner again (yes I know, I am never eating buffet this many times again in one weekend because my face was so bloated and puffy by Sunday). This time, the buffet was $46/adult because it had seafood. The seafood included oysters, cold crabs and prawns. I just felt even more disappointed because they brought out the left over roast from the night before! They also cooked a curry dish using some of the roast beef too! Remember the tomato soup from the night before? Well the leftovers from that was out as well. I could tell from the dried up soup on the side of the pot so they didn't even bother changing the pot!!!

Atrium Resort Hotel Mandurah - Pontoon buffet, second night
There were some new cold salads but the desserts were also from the night before. I don't think they should've charged $46 considering most of the food was from the night before.

Next time I'm there, I definitely won't be dining at Pontoons unless I have a voucher.

Customer Service
I would definitely rate the customer service at this hotel to be 4/5. The staff are super friendly and accommodating. All the staff members we spoke to were well mannered and polite and I believe that counts for a lot.

Overall, I was quite happy with the hotel with the exception of the food. I would go back again to stay but probably not if I have to pay full price for the rooms as both the building and furniture are quite outdated. So I will be on the lookout for more Cudo vouchers.

Hope that was a helpful review. Let me know your thoughts if you've been to the Atrium Resort Hotel by leaving a comment below.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment